Do you have plans to travel, take a vacation, or simply spend a few days or weeks away from the apartment soon? If so, we wanted to remind you of a list of some of the important things to remember to take care of around your apartment before and while you are away on your adventure.
1) Make sure all of your windows and doors are locked securely.
2) Take trash to the dumpster or appropriate trash pick-up spot before leaving.
3) Take care of pet accommodation arrangements.
4) Set thermostat to a good temperature so that it isn’t running constantly and running up your bill while you are gone.
5) Let your neighbors know you will be gone so that they can keep their eye out for you.
6) Turn off your computer, TV, fans, and any other electricity consuming item.
7) Do NOT leave the iron plugged in, stove on, or coffee maker brewing.
8) Let management know if anyone will be coming by your apartment to water your plants or feed/walk your pets.
9) Consider forwarding your mail if you will be gone longer than a few weeks.
10) Clean up around your place so you come home to a nice clean apartment.
Please keep in mind that although you may be out of town rent will be due by the regular due date, so if you need to make arrangements with your apartment manager to mail it in please do so. You should also keep all of this in mind anytime you are going to be away from your apartment for an extended period of time.